Please be advised that all material on this blog is protected under copyright laws



April 9, 2011

The Wedding Approaches: Instalment Four


Just looked into a now crowded bathroom cabinet and discovered 6 different curl enhancing/defrizzing hair products. All new, used only once or twice each.


It makes absolute sense...

Its remarkably obvious and practical...

And yet still, despite the calm logic of a woman not prone to panicking, it has been an utterly irresistible force: The past few weeks has seen me trialling strange and wondrous "beauty" treatments, manicure technique and substances, hair products, hair tools, and more, that I have never tried before and have never had much interest in,

ever.


Yet, despite the ridiculousness of it, and somewhere within my absolute knowledge of this, I continue to venture into unknown territories. Needless to say I probably, right now, look terrible :)


Blessedly a greater force (perhaps "logic" itself ) stepped in and I have come to my senses.

Ok, it was seeing another bride looking tad uncomfortable at her own nuptials, who then asked me if I could work on her (see QBI page for details) to relieve her discomfort.

Ok, so it was more of a reality slap shaped in the cruel, open visuals of dry, red, patchy itching, oozing in-growneds, bright red scalp and oddly discoloured epidermis, crowned nicely by the distorted expression of "determined-to-be-a-princess" survival on the bride's face.


Aware of several friends intended to be married in the nearish future, I feel compelled to share a little learned wisdom so that these brides-to-be do not go to the alter worriedly patched, oozing and itching as the poor chick I helped last week:


If it works, don't fix it.


Just looked into a now crowded bathroom cabinet and discovered 6 different curl enhancing/defrizzing hair products. All new, used only once or twice each.

By nature a purger, I too stay true to what works...

and bin them :)


No comments: